I hope you are all well. It is nearly time for the holidays so I have put a range of fun activities up. You can choose what ones you would like to do and if you want, you can do some over the summer holidays.
* SUMDOG Challenges are available
* Batman After Work challenges
* Summer word search
* Summer art activity
* Summer science activities Health and wellbeing:
* What I loved this year
* Golf Rolling
* Sevens Ball Game
* Socks in the box challenge
* Standing Long Jump
* Throwing and Catching challenge
* Wacky Races I hope you enjoy them! Stay in touch and take care.
All of this weeks learning activities are in grid format. You can choose when and in what order to complete them but please ensure you look them all over first as some activities go very well together.
Once you have completed an activity, ,make sure you take a photo of your learning and email it to me through GLOW.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Please continue to practice your counting skills using the grid as a guide and access the challenges on SUMDOG.
Below are some multiplication activities. Triangles, please ensure you complete the 2 times table activity and circles and squares, please make sure you complete the multiplication circles activity. This is your main assigned activity, however it is always good to have extra practice, so give the other ones a go.
Use the main events in the story to complete the film strip of Fantastic Mr Fox. There are 16 boxes in total ( you do not have to use them all but you must show all the main events and if you need to, you can use more). Each box should contain a picture, in sequence, of what happens in the story. Can you complete all the main events in order?
Health and Wellbeing
You are all amazing! it is good for you to recognise all the different things that make you amazing. Try to complete the activity below on the template OR design a poster or layout that you like. Make sure to send in photos of your completed work.
Continue to practice your counting skills, using your counting grid as a guide.
SUMDOG - engage with the challenges to get extra coins
Basic Facts Practice: Challenge someone at home to a game of speedy facts. You can write them out or say them verbally. Whoever finishes the fastest wins!
* Addition and subtraction of 0
* Addition and subtraction to five (2 + 1, 3 + 2, 5 - 1 etc)
* Addition and subtraction to 10
* Doubles and halves to 10
* Make 10 ( 7 + ? = 10, 3 + ? = 10 etc)
* Doubles and halves to 20
* Make 100 (50 + ? = 100, 20 + ? = 100)
* Multiplying by 2, 5 and 10
* Dividing by 2, 5 and 10
Fantastic Mr Fox
Now that we have finished reading/ listening to Fantastic Mr fox, it is time to complete a book review. A review has the purpose of letting others know a little bit of what the book is about so they can decide if they would like to try it (but not too much that they know all the story!). It also lets people know the type of book, who it might appeal to and you your opinion. There are two review templates below you can choose from OR you can design your own layout.
Weather permitting and remembering to social distance, try out this scavenger hunt!
Please continue to practice your counting skills using the grid for guidance. I have included it again below so you do not need to search older posts.
SUMDOG challenges are available to be completed. Keep playing for a chance to win extra coins :)
Below are addition and subtraction activity sheets but instead of seeing these as a numerical problem (4 + 2=) they are set out as word problems and you need to puzzle out what the numerical problem is (there were 4 apples in the grass, 2 more fell off the tree. How many are in the grass now?)
Fantastic Mr Fox - chapter 18. It's the last chapter!!
Complete the activity attached.
Health and Wellbeing
Please continue to complete activities from the June Kindness Calendar.
Try out this PE challenge - Climb the Ladder
Literacy and Health and Wellbeing
What makes a good friend? What does a good friend do?
Think of all the things that make a good friend and make a list. Use this list to design and create a poster to show what makes a good friend. Is it someone who is kind? Who shares? Who respects you? Who is bossy? Who decides what to play all the time? Lots of things to think about.
Remember your poster must:
Once you have completed yours, upload a photo or send the photo to me by email.
Remember to complete Chapter 14 Fantastic Mr Fox activities and update your reading log with any personal reading you are doing.
* Continue to practice your counting skills and update the grid when you can.
* Last day on SUMDOG for the multiplication quiz and the 2D and 3D shape challenge
* There are two challenges on the file below. Try both and let me know how you get on.
* Continue to practice your counting skills and update your grid to keep track of your achievements.
* Make sure you log onto SUMDOG daily to complete challenges and win coins.
* Complete the addition and subtraction activity below. This can be completed on paper and then email me a photo of your work.
Read/ listen to chapters 12, 13 and 14 of Fantastic Mr Fox, then try out the activities. There are four activities in total and I would not expect these to be completed in one day. Work your way through them and send me photos of your work when completed.
Health and wellbeing - physical challenge
Continue to practice and update your grid when you are confident
Multiplication challenge until 2:30pm tomorrow. This will let us see what we need to practice and open games.
Shape Challenge runs until Friday. Make sure you access every day for a chance to win coins.
(All SUMDOG login details have been emailed out. Check your GLOW email if you have forgotten yours)
3D shape activty
FMF Ch9, 10 and 11 Comprehension questions
Listen to/ read the chapters and then try the questions.
Continue to read something every day and update your reading log.
Health and Wellbeing
Yoga Monday! Use the clip to complete the basic Yoga steps. Stay Healthy!
Try out this STEM Challenge. Let me know your ideas and your reasoning by comments or by email.
* SUMDOG weekly challenge - make sure you log on each day to take part.
* Counting grid - update as you go. Please email me or comment to let me know how you are getting on
Try out the Multiplication Array activities below.
Remember to continue to read daily (books at home, books you have home from school, online news, newspapers, information labels and any writing around the house). Update your reading log each day.
Up - level the sentences in the activity. Make sure to read the support sheet first and then give it a try. Once finished, draw a picture of your favourite one.
Health and Wellbeing and Dance!
Have some fun and exercise by learning this dance. You can try it on your own or get everyone at home involved!! You can email me a clip of you :)
* SUMDOG Weekly challenge: make sure you are accessing this each day to play.
* Continue to practice counting and update the grid
* Try out the 2D shape hunt below. Record how many of each you find in your environment using tally marks then total it at the end. Once complete, discuss these questions with someone at home:
1) What was the most popular shape?
2) Why do you think there is more of this shape than any others?
3) What was the least popular shape?
4) why do you think that was? What was the difference between the most popular shape and the least popular shape (how many more)?
Literacy and Health and Wellbeing
Listen to chapter five of the novel Fantastic Mr Fox. This video is an audio of the entire book so you will need to forward it to where you want and be mindful to pause it in the correct pace. Chapter five starts at 12 minutes 8 seconds in (12.08).
What emotions might the children be feeling when they are in danger. Make a list of them.
Create a picture of that part of the book - it could be drawn in pencil, painted, created using this in the garden, chalk on the ground, a collage of things cut out of papers/magazines......
Your challenge is to use colours that would suit the emotions of the fox family. Once complete, record what colours you have used and why. Be sure to email me a photo :)