Obviously next week was supposed to be the Easter holidays and I think it is very important that we all take some time off to try to relax. I wont be posting a new home learning grid for a couple of weeks, but I will upload some ideas and activities to this blog. This gives you a chance to complete the previous one I gave out in your leanring packs and time to chill and relax. The activities and games will still be on sumdog, studyladder and spelling shed so you will have plenty to keep you busy.
Please post any photos etc... in the comments or send them to the school facebook page so we can keep up with what you have been doing. Remember you can always post a comment or email me for any help etc...
I have also now set up a teams page and added you to this. You can access this through your glow email as I have added you to the group. I will write more about this in the next blog post. I have some great ideas for you home learning with some fun free apps and with a pencil and paper.
Remember to keep reading your reading books or any other books you might like.
Below are some ideas to continue your home learning over this time (stolen from Miss Wilson):
- Go for a spring walk. What do you see/hear?
- Write a spring poem using your senses
- Write a story with the title “Growth” - can you draw or find a picture to match your story.
- Draw and write an Easter comic
- Create an Easter Egg hunt for your family. Can you come up with rhyming clues (eg. Solving clues isn’t hard, you see. When the next one is hiding by the .....). What will the prize be? Will you draw out a map?
- Find a recipe and make/bake something nice for an Easter treat
- Plan an Easter dinner for your family
- Problem solver - look up how to dye an egg. What are the different ways of dying eggs and can you find anything in your house to try this out?
- Problem solver - what are the different ways that you can decorate an egg? I like to use tissue paper. Can you try this at home?
- Paint/decorate a hard boiled egg for Easter and roll it down the hill.
- Design a symmerical Easter egg
- Retell the Easter story - write it down, make a video, create a rap/song etc.....
Miss Notman :)