- Sudoku. Make sure the squares, rows and columns have all 9 numbers in them today!
- Place Value. We will be looking at reading and writing 5-digit numbers today. Read the numbers in the boxes and write their numbers in the table below, the first one has been done for you. If you find this difficult why not score out the thousands and just use the hundreds and the tens columns. I've also put Place Value Challenge cards up for you to have a go (3 stars being the hardest).
- Sumdog Place Value challenge is still available to complete. Well done to the members of the class who have been on.
- Writing. Once Upon a Robot
UKRAS are looking for exciting short stories featuring robots for a chance to win some fantastic prizes.
You’ll need to use your imagination to create believable characters and a compelling plot. The short story can feature any kind of robot you can dream up, and could take place on Earth, in space or even on another planet.Think about whether your story is set in the present day, the future, or perhaps the past. What challenges will your characters face? How will the adventure end? Remember your story needs a beginning, middle and end so it might be best to plan this out first, you could use a story mountain or mind-map to help.
If you want to enter the story in to the competition there is a word limit of 800 words. You have until the 8th June to submit your entry online. Please read the entry details (see link below).
I have also set an assignment on Teams. If you would like feedback on this piece of writing upload it there and I should be able to read it.
Health and Well-Being
- The task for today from Meaningful May is "Take a step towards one of your life goals, however small". Do you want to learn something new or do you enjoy a particular area of school that you want to do more of? Have a think and see if you can make a start. I've always wanted to knit but didn't have the time to learn. I now have a little Scottish cottage keeping me company when I'm at my desk.
- Look at the 16 Everyday Activities That Count as Learning picture. Have you been doing any of these over the last few weeks? It would be great to see them on the Catch Up channel on Teams or share photos on the Facebook page.