- Fractions of Amounts. Pick a column to try, green is the challenge.
- Writing - Journey to School. Answer one of the tasks below.
6AM: I left the house on my own, wrapped up in my warmest coat (which I wear every day) to make the 3km trip. I met up with other children from my village, and we huddled together beneath the mountain to keep warm, waiting for the last couple of stragglers to arrive. As soon as we were all together, two of the dads put their sledges and emergency packs on their backs, and we set off for school…
Can you write a diary entry for one of these children, describing their journey to school?
Can you draw a picture of what you think their school might look like? Think about how it might be different to yours.
Health and Well-Being
- Sara Fanelli is an illustrator who created the book Mythical Monsters of Ancient Greece. Your task is to look at the pictures below. How are they made? What has she used? Could you use anything from the pictures to create your own?
- Joyful June (even in difficult times). Decide to look for something good, even if you are having a bad day. What would you do?
- Look at song 4 from Fever, Scottish Opera.
- C is for Choice. Sometimes our choices become smaller because of what is happening around us. When that happens, it is a good idea to think about all the things we can still do rather than being grumpy about the things we cannot do.
Think - Are there some things you can think of that you are not able to do just now?
Say - "I am choosing to enjoy all the things I can still do today."
Do - Write or draw a list of all the things you can still do. Choose 1 or 2 things from your list that you would like to do today? Try one of them.