- Writing, creative writing competition. Write a short story about waking up in a future world with new technology all around you. Details and how to enter can be on the picture below.
- Modern Languages. The National Museum of Scotland have created a great video about Chinese pieces in the museum along with Mandarin colours for you to learn. You can find the video below.
Health and Well-Being
- Make a list of the joys in your life (and keep adding to them).
- Y is for You. You is for someone special who is different from every other person in the universe. That is YOU! You are so precious it is important that you take care of yourself and all of the letters in the Resilience Alphabet have been written for you, to give you some ideas about how to build your inner strength so you can stay okay, well and happy.
Think: What is the thing you like best about yourself?
Say: Every day I'm learning to be my best self!
Do: Draw a picture of yourself in the middle of a page. All around the picture write down things that you like about yourself, things you are good at doing, and things that other people tell you are what they like about you.
- Z is for Zebra. A zebra is an animal that looks a bit like a white horse with black stripes. Did you know that the stripes on every zebra are different from all the other zebras? Sometimes being different can be a bit difficult for us, and like the zebra we need to remember it is ok to be different.
Think: Do I like things to be the same, or do I like things to be different?
Say: I am special because I am different from everyone else in the universe. It's okay to be different.
Do: Think about one of your friends and write or draw as many differences as you can think of between you and your friend. Design a poster to show all the things that make you who you are, the things that make you different.
Over the Summer
- Why not enter the National Gallery of Scotland art competition as a family. Find inspiration ion our Blog under categories "National Galleries Art Comp." and see details of how to enter below.
- Your paper packs have different tasks that you can complete over the holidays.
- Look at Jump Back July, looking at our resilience throughout the summer.
I hope you all have a super summer holidays even though it might be different from the norm. Create lots of adventures and discoveries!!