- Sumdog challenge. I will be setting a multiplication challenge from 10am today. The multiplication check is a quick assessment to see how you are getting on with multiplication practice at home (2 - 12). There are 25 questions. You have 6 seconds to answer a questions and there are 3 seconds between each question.
- Subtraction. There are 2-digit, 3-digit or 4-digit subtractions to choose from.
- Spot the difference - Gorilla by Anthony Browne. Look at the two pictures below. What do you notice about the pictures? How do you think the girl is feeling in both pictures? What are the colours in the pictures telling us? What else is different?
Health and Well-Being
- Read the E-Book, Everybody Worries by Jon Burgerman.
- Education Scotland have created a Resilience Alphabet toolkit to help children build their inner strength and well-being as part of the development of personal resilience. Over the next few weeks I'll be sharing THINK, SAY, DO activities that you can complete.
A is for Adapt
When something changes, we may need to change something we do, when we do it, or stop doing it for a while to respond. We may do something different or start something new.
Balance is having the right amount of something. If we lean too far one way, we need to come back to the middle or we will fall over. Or when we exercise a lot, we need to rest to recover.