- I have entered us in to a Sumdog National contest that ends on the 14th May. 10 people in the class need to play for us to be entered. Log in to Sumdog and the contest should be on display, play the games as normal.
- Rounding to the nearest 10 / 100 / 1000.
There has been a breach in Internet security and we need you to help protect the data before it is stolen!! The IP numbers attached to this document have fallen into the hands of despicable criminals. Soon, they will have worked out the patterns to unlock the codes and steal important and secretive information. Can you help find the code to lock the files before they access them? To find the code to lock the files, you must round the IP number to the nearest 10, 100, 1000 or 10,000.
* 10 ** 10 and 100 *** 10, 100 and 1000 (challenge 10,000)
Remember to look at the place value columns to help you. For example. 4237 to the nearest 10 - look at the tens and units columns (37) - unit is a 7 so round up to 40 = 4240.
I have set this up as an assignment so if you would like me to mark it and give you feedback please upload it in to the assignment channel on Teams.
- Comprehension - Read the information and answer the questions about William Shakespeare.
-Extra Task - Find out more facts about Shakespeare and add these to the literacy channel on our Teams page.
Health and Well-being
- Question - What are you grateful for?
- Origami. The art of paper folding.
Search for origami instructions and follow them.
Answers for maths tasks are in the file below.