-Puzzle. Can you solve the puzzle, there are two different ones for you to try. Copy the puzzles, you might want to cut a page from your jotter to do this. Arrange the numbers for each triangle (1-6 for the 3x3x3 triangle or 1-9 for the 4x4x4 triangle) so the sum of numbers on each side are equal to the sum of the numbers on every other side. For the small triangle, arrange the numbers so the sum of each side equals 9 (can also change this to 10, 11 and 12). For the large triangle arrange the numbers so that the sum on each side equals 17 (can also change this to 19, 20, 21 and 23). EDIT NOTE. The numbers below are examples of someone figuring out the puzzle. Please do not place your numbers in those exact positions.
-Mental math. Can you create a list of 15 questions of mental math sums to share on the Teams Maths Channel for other classmates to answer. Remember to say if it is *, **, or ***. Think about addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, rounding, place value, estimating, ordering numbers.
-Reading. Using the book you are currently reading or choose a book to complete this task. Understanding questions help you think about what the key characters, settings, purpose, events and themes are. Look through the questions below and see what ones you can answer.
Health and Well-Being
Odd Dog Out
- Look up the Odd Dog Out story on Youtube. What is the main idea of the book?
- Draw your own Odd Dog Out - Watch, Draw with Rob Video 2 -
Ideas to think about over the long weekend
- Set yourself a kindness mission. Give your time to help others. What could you do? I might write a letter to someone who I know enjoys getting letters.
- Tell someone about why your favourite music means a lot to you. Share in Teams on Monday in the HWB channel.
Tomorrow is a public holiday to remember VE Day.
Here are some activities I thought you'd like to do at home with family.
- Morse Code. There are some messages for you to solve. Can you create codes of your own?
- Make Wartime Recipes. There are 10 recipes for you to look at.
- What are your thoughts about VE Day? Do a bit of research. What is remembered on VE day? Why do you think it is important to celebrate and recognise VE day? How do you think VE Day should be celebrated?
- Complete the VE Day street party diary. Your task is to choose one person from the street party from 1945 and write a diary entry for them about how they felt about the war ending.
- Can you have a street party of your own (remember social distancing).