- Fractions of amounts. Choose a column to complete.
If working on 2 or 3 stars remember to use the method that we have learnt in class, e.g. 2/5 of 15.
- Grammar, Proof Reading a Text. Looking at the text about Wimbledon there are missing capital letters, full stops, exclamation marks, commas in a list, missing words, and spelling mistakes. Copy the text down using the key to highlight or write in the changes.
- Reading. J.K.Rowling will be sharing her free book The Ickabog. She will be sharing installment of chapters over the next seven weeks, a chapter (or two, or three) at a time. Chapters one and two can be read here:
Heath and Well-Being
- Find three good reasons to be hopeful about the future. What does hopeful mean?
- Creativity Challenge - Invent your own National Holiday. We recently had a bank holiday celebrating VE Day and some people had Monday off to begin their Spring bank holiday. Imagine if you could invent your own national holiday. Think of something that you love. It could be something you love to do, a place you like to go or a thing you like to eat or play with. Anything! Now build your celebrations around this. Think about what you might do, what you might eat, what you might wear, what would you see, are there decorations, who would you celebrate with?
- Art Competition - The Ickabog.
I find this very exciting! J.K.Rowling would like you to illustrate The Ickabog for her. Every day, she will be making suggestions for what you might like to draw. If you enter the official competition being run by her publishers, you could have a chance to have your artwork included in a printed version of the book due out later this year. Suggestions of what to draw from the first two chapters can be found below, keep on checking the websites for details of more chapter suggestions. Please have a look at the competition entry page.
Miss Moffat has asked for the class to complete the following (I put this on to the Teams page on Tuesday). This is really important as she needs your help to keep up our school Fairtrade status.
- Watch the YouTube video, Playing Fair: The Story of Fairtrade Footballs.
- Choose a task/s from the grid below.
Please share a photo of your task by sharing it on the Health and Well-Being Channel on our Teams page. I will then share with Miss Moffat.