- Fractions of shapes. Copy down some of the fractions below and shade them in. Remember some are harder than others, for example 1/2 of 10 compared to 2/5 of 10 shapes to shade. Remember to group the shading to help you, colour 2 out of the 5 shapes, then count and shade another 2 out of the five. Or work out what 2/5 of 10 is before shading (1/5 of 10 is 2, 2x2 is 4, shade 4). Ask if in Maths channel on Teams if you need any help.
- Writing - The Climb. See the tasks below that go along with the image (you do not have to do all of them).
Story starter - can you continue the story?!
“One step at a time,” the climber muttered to himself as he ascended the escarpment.
The climb had been long and arduous, and he had to be mentally tough to ignore the ache in his legs.
Soon though, he would reach the summit, and all of the pain would be worth it. Climbing Europe’s tallest mountain had been a dream of his ever since he was a child…
Can you draw a picture of something you would like to achieve in the future?
Health and Well-Being
- Find 3 photos of yourself that you find meaningful or memorable. Mr Guthrie will be sharing Langlee Staff's baby photos on the Facebook page for you to guess who is who. I'm there!
- Watch Joy and the Heron. What is the main theme/s?
- Have a look at Chrome Music Lab. I shared a video that I made on Teams yesterday, but just in case you did not see it!