- Puzzle. Fill the empty fields with numbers from 2 to 9 (every number use only once).
- Sumdog. I have set up a Sumdog challenge that you have all week to attempt. The skills included in the challenge are symmetry, round to the nearest 10 and 100, fraction of a shape, find a fraction of a number, place value and ordering numbers.
- Tangram. Using your Tangram try and solve the number problems below.
- Reading. Listen to The Man Bought a Mountain part 4.
- Scottish Opera, Fever, Activity 3 - Interview. You can choose which role you would like to play – Scientist Edward Jenner or the Aggressive Interviewer. Ask someone at home to play the other part. First, you will both have to find out as much as you can about Dr Jenner’s amazing discovery (you can start by reading the Useful Background Information sheet in the Resources section).
https://www.scottishopera.org.uk/media/3911/fake-new-resources.pdf Together, you and your partner should decide what Dr Jenner will say in response to the questions he’s asked. You can record the interview as if you were on a TV or radio news programme but get some practice in first, so the conversation runs smoothly.
Health and Well-Being
- Create a treasure box so you can keep found items/notes in. If you do not have a box at home, create your own using a net that you have looked up online.
- Go for a walk and look for the small things. Here are some photos taken during one of my walks, you can notice new leaves on trees and different shapes in nature.
- When you are worried about something, try and find a positive strategy to help you solve that issue.
- F is for Fun. Fun is when we do something that makes us feel happy. It can be something we do with others or something we like to do by ourselves. It can be something we do indoors or outdoors. No matter what is happening, it is good to have times of fun and enjoyment.
Think: What have you done over the last week that has been fun for you?
Say: "Today I am choosing to have fun!"
Do: Write, draw or think about 7 different activities you would find fun. Plan to do one each day this week. Try to make them a mix of things you can do on your own or with someone else.