- I have set up a class competition on Sumdog (Sumdog picks the questions).
- I have put a Tangram in your paper packs for you to cut out or copy on to card. The pieces are called Tans and the shapes made are Tangrams. Try some of the silhouettes below, I will share the answers at the end of the week. Mr Guthrie shared with me the legend of the Tangram. A king needed a window for his palace. A wise old man traveled a long way with a panel of glass in his backpack but during his travels the man tripped and the glass broke. Once at the palace the wise old man admitted to the king what had happened and when unwrapped found 7 perfect geometric shapes. The wise old man moved the shapes around explaining his journey story. The king enjoyed the images so much that he had the shapes made from wood.
- Research. In our mini topic we are looking at Mountains, search for The Seven Summits. What are they? What are the key facts you can find about them? Think about how you would like to present your information. Are you doing to create a report with bullet points with similar information. A poster with some drawings and information. A presentation with found photographs and information. A mind map highlighting the important key information. It will be great to see what you come up with.
- Puppet Animation Scotland have created home tutorials for you to watch that will include step by step instructions on how to craft your own puppets and crankie theatres using materials you can find around the house. Each Thursday they upload a new tutorial to watch, there are currently 4 episodes for you to watch.
Health and Well-Being
- Can you give some time to help with a project or charity you care about? It could be painting a picture or writing a letter to someone in a local care home. Or painting some kindness rocks and placing them for people to find. I have been crocheting bands to help people who are suffering with sore ears because they need to wear the PPE masks.