- Basic Maths Facts. Create your own quiz of 30 questions using the facts from your Basic Facts level. Try and answer the 30 questions in 2 minutes and see what score you get. If you cannot remember the colour you were on please comment in the Maths channel on Teams and I'll let you know.
- Binary Codes (Digital Technology Week). The binary numeral system is a way to write numbers using only two digits: 0 and 1. These are used in computers as a series of "off" and "on" switches. Each letter of the alphabet has a 8 digit code.
Look up binary codes and see if you can work out what your name would be if you were to code it in to a computer, for example, the letter W in Wilson would look like this 01110111.
Question - does Binary codes remind you of any other codes?
- Finish up your fact file/presentation and upload it in the Literacy channel if you would like to share. Remember you can give feedback by pressing the reply button under the photo or file.
- Generation Lockdown Competition.
This is an opportunity to write about your experiences about what life has been like in lockdown and during the Coronavirus. It could be a personal experience, a poem, or a creative story. The entry should be 700 words or under and closing date is Friday 17th July 2020. The winning entries will be included in a book called 'Generation Lockdown Writes'.
For inspiration and information on how to enter visit https://generationlockdown.co.uk/ .
Health and Well-Being
- Find out about values and traditions of another culture or religion. Write up your notes and you can include drawings or found pictures.
- The Trimontium Trust invites us to join in with some Roman history activities. On Monday the 18th May it is International Museums Day. Over the weekend you can have a look at the two activities below and share your projects with the class on the Teams page or with Rob at firstname.lastname@example.org . The activities are making some Roman Army bread and creating Roman style sandals. How about involving your siblings and parents/carers with these activities?!
We have been working really hard on Sumdog and we took part in the Scottish Maths Week challenge. We had to complete 1000 questions and get as many right as we could. There were about 6000 teams entered, this is our leader board score - 1089th!
Mrs Jessamine would like us to create a wall display that welcomes pupils and visitors in to our school. We thought a tree design would look great in the entrance hall and we have been creating ideas for this.
We have created Egyptian collars this week and decorated them with gems. We made sure the colours are bright and colourful to look like beads and gems. The finished collars look really good.