* SUMDOG Weekly challenge: make sure you are accessing this each day to play.
* Continue to practice counting and update the grid
* Try out the 2D shape hunt below. Record how many of each you find in your environment using tally marks then total it at the end. Once complete, discuss these questions with someone at home:
1) What was the most popular shape?
2) Why do you think there is more of this shape than any others?
3) What was the least popular shape?
4) why do you think that was? What was the difference between the most popular shape and the least popular shape (how many more)?
Literacy and Health and Wellbeing
Listen to chapter five of the novel Fantastic Mr Fox. This video is an audio of the entire book so you will need to forward it to where you want and be mindful to pause it in the correct pace. Chapter five starts at 12 minutes 8 seconds in (12.08).
What emotions might the children be feeling when they are in danger. Make a list of them.
Create a picture of that part of the book - it could be drawn in pencil, painted, created using this in the garden, chalk on the ground, a collage of things cut out of papers/magazines......
Your challenge is to use colours that would suit the emotions of the fox family. Once complete, record what colours you have used and why. Be sure to email me a photo :)